With us beginning a release/patch cadence of every two weeks, here is what you can expect in the upcoming release and what events are on the horizon. The release is expected to go live Thursday, August 3rd at approximately 19:00 UTC. This release will be a rolling release, meaning we will scale up the percentage of people with the release over a few days to minimize bugs or crashes. Below you will find the updates included in this release.
THIS INFORMATION UNDER EMBARGO UNTIL RELEASED AUGUST 3RD, 19:00 UTC / 3:00 PM EDT / 1:00 PM MDT / 12:00 PM PDT.
- Climb Portal: Achievement badges will now be awarded to Zwifters who complete any combination of 1, 10, and 25 climbs. If you have already completed one of these achievements, you will be retroactively granted the achievement which you can view in the Badges screen.
- Added a new results screen for races only. This will show a more simplified results view with more important data post race.
- Zwift Play: Fixed an issue that could cause a delay between pairing the controllers and the controllers being usable.
- Zwift Play: Fixed an issue where unpairing Kickr Bike steering during a session would also prevent Zwift Play controllers from steering.
- Zwift Play: Fixed an issue where if Kickr Bike steering was not paired, the Kickr Bike steering buttons would still work if Zwift Play was paired.
- Fixed an issue where the list of Pacer Groups in the Teleport menu was missing icons and w/kg information.
- Fixed an issue where a runner's shoes could be reset back to Zwift White when customizing their avatar's hair or facial hair.
- Apple TV: Fixed a crash that could occur when navigating from Zwift to the Apple TV home screen and then back to Zwift.
Details: Now that the Tour de France is over and Tour de France Femmes avec Zwift will be coming to a close shortly, we are moving to an exclusively free ride schedule for Climb Portal. You will find the climbs that will be available for two week in the image below.
Details: We are ramping up the excitement for the UCI World Championships! Throughout August, ride four of the thirteen cycling disciplines from the 2023 UCI Cycling World Championships in Glasgow—TT, Road, Handcycle, and MTB. Complete all four stages to earn the “Podium Rides” badge and limited edition UCI Glasgow Kit.
The Monthly Mission takeover for August will also be UCI focused. This month will be a route-based mission—complete a group ride, race, free ride, or event on any three Glasgow routes to unlock the mission’s achievement badge and UCI Cycling World Championship Gloves. Routes include Muckle Yin, Rolling Highlands, Glasgow Crit, City and the Sgurr, and Loch Loop.
Recommended Activity: Check out Zwift Ride Series or ZRacing events. To learn more about the mission, click here.
In this month’s ZRacing Series, race through Scotland's scenic routes like the pros at the 2023 UCI World Championship in Glasgow. Complete all five stages for the “Race the Worlds” badge and limited edition UCI Cycling World Championship Kit.